Blog module icon

Ask Your Municipal Government

Sep 08

West Laramie Road Dust Control

Posted on September 8, 2022 at 3:58 PM by Nancy Oakland-Potter

Q1.  When is it anticipated that the dirt streets in West Laramie will be oiled again? Is there a regular schedule for more frequent oilings, or can one be set up in an effort to reduce dust from vehicles and wind storms? As well, it would be nice to have an oiling soon after a grating of streets is completed. Currently, there is tons of dust coming up and lingering after a single vehicle. Today several city dump trucks are passing through the neighborhood and the dust is phenomenal!


A1.  The City of Laramie Streets Division will be applying more magnesium chloride dust control solution once they’ve finished laying down the material they are working on this week and next week. They are also watering their hauling route to help keep the dust down.

Q2.  Watering has not been occurring on Monroe Street or Arthur north of Dadisman street. The dump trucks are circling around on both of these streets as well. Thank you.

A2.  Streets Division staff are being reminded to water while working on these streets.

Sep 08

Junk Vehicle Defined

Posted on September 8, 2022 at 3:56 PM by Nancy Oakland-Potter

Q.  What are the vehicle conditions under which a "junk vehicle" can be towed from city streets? General Provision 8.32.170 uses the words "junked" and "abandoned" among other words that apply to this vehicle category, but they are not clearly defined.


 A.   "Junked vehicle" is defined by LMC 8.32.170A.2. as follows:  

 "Junked vehicle" means any motor vehicle as defined in subsection (A) of this section and tow-behind trailer which is wrecked, junked, dismantled, partially dismantled, inoperative, abandoned, unregistered or discarded or is unable to perform the function or purpose for which it was originally constructed.

 LMC 10.06.010 – Removal from public ways, sets forth the circumstances upon which the city may remove a vehicle from a public way. 


Aug 29

15th Street

Posted on August 29, 2022 at 12:45 PM by Nancy Oakland-Potter

Q.  Is the City in discussions with the University about closing 15th street?


A.  The City has not received any request from any representative of the University seeking to close 15th Street as of this date.