Parks & Recreation
Weekly Rec Center Covid-19 Update
We are pleased to update and increase some of our recreation amenities! Beginning on July 1 we will increase our Recreation Center Leisure Pool Capacities, allow use of the Upstairs of the Recreation Center equipment without limitations other than appropriate social distancing and we will begin a "face covering optional" time at work out areas in the Recreation Center. This means that you will still wear a face covering through the facility, but once you reach your work out area you may remove it to work out. Social Distancing and limited capacities are still in effect as per the Wyoming State Health Orders and we thank you for your understanding.
Wading Pool--Capacity 11
Undine Park Splashpad--Capacity 49
Indoor/Outdoor Leisure Pool--Capacity 44
The Indoor and Outdoor Leisure pool will be open and use this as a combined capacity, to ensure that during stormy weather we have a place for people to come indoors.
Members may call a day ahead to reserve a spot in the Recreation Center pools, the Splashpad and Wading Pool are First Come First Served.
Swim Lessons NOW Open
We have reconfigured swim lessons to accommodate social distancing requirements as per Wyoming State Health Orders and registration has been opened. Spots are limited so check it out today! https://parksandrec.cityoflaramie.org/
The Recreation Center is now Open and Locker Rooms are now Available!
We are pleased to report that the Recreation Center re-opened on the 18th of May. Please see the following details about using the facility.
General Facility Use
- Members—Equipment and various areas (gym, cardio, weight room, track, and pool) are available for reservation by members. Please just call us at 721-5269, Option 7 to reserve the equipment or space you wish to use. You may reserve equipment a day in advance. Please leave a message as appropriate.
- Non-Members—Additionally, we welcome non-members to drop in and use equipment and facilities that are not already in use. Regular day-use fees apply and memberships will be available to purchase for interested parties.
Equipment and Area Reservations
Facility and Equipment Sanitation
In order to provide the safest environment equipment will be sanitized between use and available to check out. Please be advised that we will be offering basketball hoops on the East Court for general use, but not games where balls are shared and the West Court will be set up for singles pickleball play.
A selection of fitness classes will be available virtually to members and we are now offering some select classes in person. Please check out the schedule with a link to log in at www.cityoflaramie.org/fitness. If you are interested, a membership will gain you access to all drop-in classes at no additional charge. Non-members will be able to participate at the drop in rate. Some select classes are also available for registration. Please call us at 721-5269 Option 7 or sign up on-line at www.parksandrec.cityoflaramie.org.
In order to accomplish appropriate social distancing measures and limit risk to both staff and patrons alike we are following detailed plans. Here is what you should expect when we reopen.
- Open Hours—We will be open from 7am-7pm M-F and 8am-5pm on Saturday. We will be closed on Sundays. Pools open a half hour later and close a half hour earlier than the rest of the facility.
- Face Coverings in the Facility--All facility users will be required to wear face coverings over your mouth AND nose unless you are swimming or at your work out station during the hours of 4-7pm. Please be advised that this can affect your oxygen level and you may not be able to work out as vigorously as your body adapts. Information about working out while wearing a mask is available on the internet and we encourage you to discuss this with your physician if it causes you concern. You’ll find some information here https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-safely-exercise-with-a-face-mask-on-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic/ that may be useful.
- Temperature Check—We will have a person stationed at the front door to do a quick, no-touch temperature check when you arrive. If you have a fever above the CDC recommendation of 100.4 degrees you will not be permitted entrance.
- Facility Reservation Required—In order to meet social distancing standards facility reservations are required either upon your drop in visit or a day in advance for members. Please see the listing above for equipment and capacities in the facility.
- Locker Rooms NOW AVAILABLE!
- Children under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult—We still welcome families and your children, but with additional supervision. Thank you for your understanding.
As restrictions relax we will modify our restrictions, so please anticipate changing requirements. Thank you for your understanding as we work through these changing circumstances.
Membership Billing Plan:
For the month of May, we are continuing our suspension of billing and extension of membership dates as we did in April. See below for details.
- For members who pay for their membership monthly, we will be suspending billing for April and May. The term of membership will remain the same, but any months remaining will be delayed until we reopen. For instance, for an annual membership we will suspend for a month, and the membership commitment would be complete after thirteen months and set to renew.
- For members who paid in full, we plan to extend memberships to make up for the time we are closed. This will move membership expiration date out later than originally scheduled.
For members who find this an acceptable plan there is no need to do anything. We will make the adjustment on our end. If members prefer to make other arrangements contact us at email@example.com and we will assist on a case by case basis.
Some members have expressed concern about the revenue that will be lost to the Recreation Center due to this extended closure and have requested that their account continue to be billed as normal. For those who wish to do so, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. We certainly appreciate the continued support as we all work through this uncertain time!
Summer Program Guide:
Our regular summer program guide will be all online this summer! Registration is open for summer activities. State restrictions could cause changes to our anticipated activities and we will contact participants if it becomes necessary.
No Annual Closure Required this Year!
We have made good use of our time while we have been closed and have performed annual maintenance that would normally occur in August. So when you return, the facility will be all spiffed up and ready to go. Staff are sanitizing and cleaning the facility from top to bottom so you will be able to return with full confidence.