Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Have you been looking for a way to volunteer and make a difference in our community? Laramie Advisory Commission on Disabilities currently has a couple of open positions. If you are interested in applying please contact the City Clerk's Office at 307-721-5220 or return a complete Boards and Commissions application to our office. Additional information related to the commission can be found at www.cityoflaramie.org/LACD.
Charge or Purpose:
· To act in an advisory capacity to the City Council on all matters respecting persons who have a disability, and to advise and assist the city administration and City Council on issues regarding persons with disabilities in the community.
· Review accessibility and related problems of individuals with a disability and recommend how such problems might be resolved.
· Promote public awareness of services for individuals with a disability.
· Serve as a grievance board for alleged city discrimination.
· Develop a study to determine any physical barriers, problems with delivery of services, employment practices and other activities and programs offered by the city.
· At least three members of the commission shall have a disability or be related to a person who has a disability or work with a person who has a disability.