View All Posts

Apr 04

How to Report Low Hanging Line on Utility Pole

Posted on April 4, 2022 at 11:29 AM by Nancy Oakland-Potter

Q.  What department takes care of low hanging lines on utility poles? There is a utility pole in my backyard that has lines connected to neighboring houses and the one directly behind mine has a line that is very low and would appear to prevent me from planting windbreak trees or installing a higher fence. Thanks.


A.  The City oversees water, wastewater and solid waste services. Depending on what type of service line this is, the downed line should be reported to:  Rocky Mountain Power at 1-877-508-5088, Century Link at 1-833-572-2190, or Charter/Spectrum at 1-855-757-7382.