- Public Works
- Solid Waste
- Landfill Voucher
Landfill Voucher PROGRAM
City of Laramie Landfill Vouchers
Please read through the rules and tips. At the end of the "Helpful Tips" section will be "APPLY NOW" for you to click on.
For questions or assistance, call (307) 721-5279 or email: LandfillVoucher@cityoflaramie.org *Please do not show up in person unless you've talked to us beforehand. We will be happy to help you in person, but you may need to make an appointment to ensure staff availability.
LARAMIE LANDFILL VOUCHER PROGRAM
1. Vouchers will be issued online from 9am on April 17, 2023 – 2:30pm on August 4, 2023.
2. Vouchers are only valid at the Laramie Landfill from May 1, 2023 - September 16, 2023, during normal landfill hours.
3. Vouchers are for households only. No business, commercial, industrial or institutional waste will be allowed, and no applications will be approved under a business name or commercial address.
4. In person requesters must provide a photo ID and any current utility bill (water, trash, electric, gas, etc.) with a valid address in Albany County to obtain a voucher. The name on the ID must match the utility bill and the voucher will be issued for the service address on the utility bill. Online applicants must fill out an online application. A document such as a current utility bill, etc. with a name corresponding to the applicant will need to be uploaded. “Tenant”, “Resident”, a business name or commercial address will not be accepted.
5. One voucher per household or service address per year. Lost vouchers will not be replaced.
6. Voucher will be good for one pick-up size load (approximately 2 ½ yards).
7. Vouchers are good for waste and/or recycling material generated at the address on the voucher only.
8. Fees for tires, refrigerators, dead animals, special handling and uncovered loads still apply.
9. Household Hazardous Waste drop off requires an appointment. See back for details.
10. Vouchers can only be redeemed at the Landfill Scale House. Vouchers without a unique identifying number will not be accepted.
11. This voucher is a privilege and not a right. The Landfill Supervisor or Solid Waste Manager will make the final decision if the Scale Operator and Customer disagree on any aspect of the voucher program.
- Vouchers will be emailed to the email address provided during the application process. Be sure to check your SPAM folder if you didn't receive it in your normal inbox.
- If you don't provide an email address, the voucher will be mailed to the mailing address provided. So if you don't have a printer, don't enter an email address and we'll print the voucher and mail it to you.
- Applying for and receiving a voucher is NOT instantaneous. Solid Waste staff actually review each and every application. Please don't go to the landfill until you've received a voucher through email or mail.
- Saturdays are the busiest day at the Landfill/Recycling Center. Consider redeeming your voucher during a weekday if a longer than normal wait time will be an issue.
- Consider other options beyond disposal. Items like clothing, non-perishable food, furniture and other items can be donated to various organizations around Laramie. Use the app to look up options by using the "Goes Where?" tool.
ALBANY COUNTY TIRE AND REFRIGERATOR VOUCHERS
The tire and refrigerator voucher program is administered by the Albany County Planning Office. Please note that this program is usually held in the fall.
For questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (307) 721-2568.