School Age Child Care SACC Program
Download the SACC Enrollment Form. View the SACC Summer Clubs Form. Enrollment forms may now be emailed or delivered in person to the Recreation Center Front Desk. Please email forms to email@example.com or contact Program Coordinator, Cindy Stoffers at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
After School Care
Join the School Age Child Care (SACC) Program for a fun place to hang out until mom or dad gets off of work! SACC is open to all kids in kindergarten through 6th grade who need a safe and supervised after school opportunity. SACC is held at the Laramie Community Recreation Center. Students from Beitel, Indian Paintbrush, Linford, Slade, Snowy Range Academy, Spring Creek, and University of Wyoming (UW) Lab Schools are bussed to SACC by the Albany County School District #1. Students from other schools are welcome, but must arrange their own transportation.
The program begins when school is out and runs until 5:30 pm each full day school is in session. Some of the activities we do include arts and crafts, sports, indoor and outdoor free time (depending on the weather), homework and quiet time, clubs held in the Laramie Community Recreation Center, and field trips to local attractions (such as the UW museums, ice skating, roller skating, and local parks). An after school snack is also included each day. All SACC caregivers are qualified staff who are fully trained to make SACC a positive experience for all involved. For more information on this program, call the Parks and Recreation Department at (307) 721-5269.
SACC At a Glance
- Ages allowed: Kindergarten through 6th grade
- Day and time: The program begins and ends along with the Albany County School District calendar. SACC runs any full day that school is in session from the time school is dismissed until 5:30 pm
- Fees: $16/day or $75/week if paid before the 5th of the month; $18/day or $80/week if paid after the 5th of the month. A sliding fee scale is available upon request, based on proof of income and family size. Schedule the days of the week your child will be attending at the beginning of each semester, a $20 fee will be assessed for each change made thereafter. Sliding fee scale available, please call or stop by the Parks and Recreation Department office for more information.
- Location: Laramie Community Recreation Center
- Maximum program capacity: 70 participants per day
- Registration: Registration is open now! A completed application and a current copy of an immunization record for each child registered is required for registration.
Laramie River Cutthroat Mural
This “Caring for Country” mural was inspired by the powerful Australian Aboriginal Rainbow Snake, the great Spirit Ancestor who created the water and rivers all over the world. Rainbow here represents our Laramie River with a Cutthroat Trout headdress and tail as he winds his way from his source in the Snowy Range, passing through Laramie on his way to the Laramie Range. The Cutthroat being the Wyoming state fish. The dots represent the life-giving rain-snow and all the living things that walk this beautiful land, the plants, birds, animals, insects, people. The town of Laramie is represented by our colors Brown & Gold, and the dots represent all the people and children of this great town, that are fed by the water. This painting reminds us to care for our land and water.
The mural was painted by the SACC kids and staff during the Fall of 2014. It was designed by artist-in-residence, Paul Taylor, together with Mike Gray creating the Cutthroat headdress, and Rebecca Watson and Ferne Watson contributing. Special thanks to Cindy Stoffers, SACC Coordinator, who dreamed this mural.